Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Merry Belated Christmas

Now I know I'm known for my erratic postings (I still aim to resolve this one day) but the lateness of this post is NOT entirely my fault.

Upon first glance a Christmas magazine cover in March is seen as either very late or incredibly early. But it is neither.

I produced this cartoon in time for last Christmas for the Dalesman magazine. I fully intended to publish it here on Dairy of a Cartoonist and Writer but the editor asked me to hold fire as he didn't want anything to go out as a spoiler.

Anyway, one thing led to another and I forgot to post it. But all things being equal, and me being me, here it is. So Merry Christmas to you all and enjoy my bit of magazine frontage tom-foolery----Yorkshire style.

On a final note---and a very nice one for me---the editor emailed me after the ABC figures came out and said that the sales for that Christmas edition were up by a significant percentage point and he is convinced that it was due largely to my cover.

Now that's nice to hear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment

Most Popular Posts