Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sleepy Hamlet--Official book launch

Well it's here at last, The Night of the Village Idiots, my first soiree into the grown up world of book publishing--- my first novel--- and its being self published through Amazons' Kindle programme, and soon to go hard copy with CreateSpace.

A lot of you will already be aware of this long overdue event. I have been talking about it's imminent arrival for probably over a year now, and have even published sample chapters herehere and here.

But the good news is that the moment has finally arrived; it is here folks and now its time to big it up and this is where I need your help and the help of anyone you think would be interested in a piece of countryside tom-foolery.

But first of all, let me introduce those of you who are new here and have no idea what I'm wittering on about to the odd-ball, eccentric, nut-job inhabitants of the village of Sleepy Hamlet by way of a synopsis for their first tale, the Night of the Village Idiots.

Synopsis for the Night of the Village Idiots

How could the removal of a family painting, a childhood fear of thunder and lightning and the pub landlord's flu cause so much trouble?

Simple, add a dotty half wit Lord of the manor, place him next to his short fused and volcanic wife, refer to the butler, who is the very model of decorum and upholder the old ways, as the family pet, ignite the head cooks flatulent backside with a lightning bolt, have Mrs Heppleheimer: a crazy octogenarian Bavarian barm pot run the village pub and bring her own brain battering, soul sapping brew of the Norse Gods, get the villagers to try and get her drunk in an ill fated drinking competition which will eventually end up with the mass hypnotism of the village quoits team,  while all the time have the incumbents of Hamlet Hall running around a darkened stately home that's been blacked out by the worst storms in living memory; have an old suit of armour nearly decapitate her Ladyship while she attempts to head her portly husband off in his search for a stepladder and something to remove a picture with, then add to the mix a nervous maid with a curtsying fixation  and a concussed and amnesic head cook who's wondering around the house covered in fruit preserves and compotes, and you have the ingredients for a stormy night with a village full of idiots.

Intrigued? I hope so. Tickled at the thought of what comes next? I hope that to. Have a bit of money burning a hole in your pocket? I really hope for that.

So now all that is left for you to do is go forth and spread the word, my children. Let the people know about the word, and the word is Sleepy Hamlet (well technically that's two words, but for the sake of omnipotence, which is the look I'm going for at the moment, well say it very fast so it sounds like one word), tell them of the gloriously crazy inhabitants of this Eden, inform them of the very low purchase price, and how through a wondrous blog (that's this one, if you were wondering where I was talking about), you can simply click on the book's cover image atop the right hand column and lo, it will be sent via the heavens to your kindle, android or app within seconds, and angels will sing and sinners rejoice and then you to will have the word.

Okay, so I got a little carried away there, but you get the picture. And if you or your friends really like what you read, please pop along to the review section and leave a few favourable comments and lots of stars.

And if you keep coming back here, I will keep you updated as to the next novel in the Sleepy Hamlet chronicles called Tourists in Season, which is already under-way and of which chapter 1 is published at the end of the Night of the Village Idiots.

Of course I will also be keeping you up to date on all of my other projects and ideas, both art and written, so please, don't be a stranger and keep coming back and I will do my best to entertain you.

Thank you in advance.

If you like my blog and the things that I say and do, please tell your friends; mention me on Facebook, Twitter and any of the other fine social media networking sites you use. I would love to have my work reach a much larger audience and although I could no doubt eventually get there under my own steam, I'll get there a lot quicker with your help, so please, please spread the word.

Thank you








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment

Most Popular Posts